[idvusers] Fwd: Blue Sky

High Yuan -
Great seeing you this past week. As per our conversation, here are the "big-ticket" items that I mentioned during the usercom for IDV enhancements/fixes...
Steven

•Improve the sounding and hodograph in IDV. NSHARP has quite a few additional
parameters -
such as 0-2 and 0-3 km Helicity, BRN, BRNSHR, etc. Also a bunch more
thermodynamic quantities, storm motion, etc.

•Issue with not being able to display surface (WMO 'Present') weather symbols
from the Gempak formatted files. This is a real problem as we discussed. You indicated
that this might be a look-up table issue.

•Issues with generating dumping NetCDF surface obs from IDV. I am unable to do
this - despite efforts trying to walk through it
on the phone last fall.

•Issues with satellite processing when ordering from NOAA class server (count
vs radiance issues).

•Getting Satellite - polar orbiter - esp scatterometer, altimeter, wave height,
lightning (TRMM), cloudsat products, etc. into IDV

•ACARS? Kevin T wanted MADIS... This is similar.

•Quality of vertical cross sections could be improved.

•WRF output doesn't have standard variables needed to generate logp-skewT (per
Mike Baldwin's request/problems)