Re: [idvusers] Question about RapidScat NC grid that hates IDV

I frequently have similar ugly graphics problems, in both shaded and contoured
displays,
even with normal gridded datasets.

With IDV’s new Match Display Region functionality, it is becoming especially
important that
the IDV at least make clean cuts, if not (yet) smartly handle longitude seams.

I hope the Unidata team will weigh in on this one.

Brian Mapes
Florida, USA

On Dec 11, 2014, at 1:41 PM, Murray Brown <m.brown.nsb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm trying to get grids from the new RapidScat products to display in IDV .
> As you can see from the example, all is well except the grotesque girdle
> across the globe where IDV doesn't cut off at the 0/360 line.   I used
> ncBrowse to poke around in the file, and see that the longitudes use the
> 0-360 convention, which is usually a snap for IDV.  Have tried a few tricks
> with the projections control, but nothing seems to remove the girdle.  Has
> anybody else worked with these data, or does anybody recognize a good trick
> I don't know about?
>

> PS.  The "grid" is actually a very fancy L2 product of XYZ values.  Is that
> the kiss of death?
>

> Murray Brown
>
> Florida, USA
>
> www.marinedataliteracy.org <http://www.marinedataliteracy.org>
>

> <rapid_scat_015.png>_______________________________________________
> idvusers mailing list
> idvusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> For list information, to unsubscribe, visit:

Brian Mapes, Professor
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
Meteorology and Physical Oceanography Program
RSMAS, University of Miami
4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
Miami, FL 33149-1098

phone: (305) 421-4275