[idvusers] IDV pop-up stalls running of Jython script

Hi IDV'ers,

I am running an IDV Jython script from the command line, using runIDV
-islfile myscript.jy.  In the script, I have the line "setOffScreen(1)"
which is supposed to ensure that IDV's GUI components are not activated.
However, surprisingly I still get a pop-up reminding me that there is a new
version of IDV to download, which has the effect of stalling the running of
the script until I click 'ok'.  Is there any way to completely block all
GUI components while running from the command line?

Thanks,

Paul