From: Yuan Ho [mailto:yuanho@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2014 6:51 PM
To: David P Dempsey
Cc: Murray Brown; idvusers
Subject: Re: [idvusers] painting map lines on 3D topography

Dave,

        Yes, there is matching issue when creating the 3D map. If the grid is
(y,x) and the map is (x,y), you will see the problem. But, the IDV does have a
solution for you. When selecting the topography field, you should select

Formula > Define a grid diagnostic, and then enter "GridUtil.swapLatLon(a)",
then, enter the topography field which is

2D grid > Mass > Geopotential height @ ground, ...... after swapping, you
should get the corrected 3D map.

Yuan

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 12:36 PM, David P Dempsey <dempsey@xxxxxxxx