[idvusers] Generating Forecast Hour for Model Graphics in ISL

Hello,

We would like to generate images from GFS in IDV using ISL scripts. Currently, ISL allows the user to put the valid time for the image as part of the filename saved using built in time macro:

<image file="${islpath}/gfs${time:yyyyMMMddHH}.png">

Are there any elegant solutions for adding the forecast hour as part of the file name? For example, if I was making the 24 hour GFS forecast, it would be great to be able to do something like this:

<image file="${islpath}/gfs${time:yyyyMMMddHH-FFF}.png">

or

<image file="${islpath}/gfs${fx:HHH}.png">

which would generate a filename of gfs2014Mar0400-024 or gfs024.png

I could probably write something in ISL to do this based on the time of executing the script, but I would have to keep it current depending on whether NWS changes model run times & modify it based on different model runs/types (GFS, NAM, RR, etc.); it would be easier (& probably more useful to others) if the functionality was built in to ISL. Any developers on this list ;)

Thanks,
Brendon

--
Brendon Hoch