[idvusers] Bugs in CF/Radial Format

Hey all,

I'm using the Climate and Forecasting RADIAL format (CF/Radial v1.2), and
importing my data into IDV. I'm having trouble getting my data to view
properly, and I was curious if anyone else notices the same thing.

I notice two things in particular:

1.) Although you can specify an independent elevation angle for each ray,
it appears as though IDV will only plot data for each sweep at a fixed
elevation. So, if you specify a different elevation angle for each azimuth
ray (suppose, a "helix" shape arcing up), IDV will still only plot at a
single elevation.

2.) I can only import data to IDV in CF/Radial format when I have greater
than 180 rays (or beams) in my file. When my file has less than 180 rays,
IDV doesn't seem to plot the data. I've seen this same issue before in the
NOAA data visualizer, as well. I work around the issue by padding my file
with dummy data to 180 rays, but I find this is impractical in a real-world
application.

Has anyone else noticed these bugs, and are there ways around them?

Thanks,

Rob

--
Robert A Palumbo