[idvusers] Possibly Discontinuing Support for IDV on Solaris SPARC (not Solaris x86/x64, just SPARC)

  • To: idvusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [idvusers] Possibly Discontinuing Support for IDV on Solaris SPARC (not Solaris x86/x64, just SPARC)
  • From: Julien Chastang <chastang@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 11:05:41 -0700
IDV Users,

We would like to discontinue support for IDV on Solaris SPARC. At Unidata, our very old Solaris SPARC machines will be end-of-lifed shortly. After the retirement of those machines, we will not be able to create an IDV JRE distribution for Solaris SPARC. Moreover, these SPARC machines tend to be server machines not typically used for client-side computing.

To be clear, this decision will not affect Solaris x86/x64 IDV users. That operating system will continue to be supported as usual.

Please give us feedback if this decision affects you.

Unidata IDV Support