Re: [idvusers] Jython To Read Catalog

Hi Kevin --

I won't comment on the radar-specific stuff...however...

Yes it is possible to use any/all of the Java classes from Jython.
There might some issues with certain overloaded methods as Jython
tries to decide which to call (booleans can cause an issue).

Jython is an implementation of Python (2.5 right now) that runs in the
Java Virtual Machine, so you can use any Python syntax.  However, the
only Python "library" routines you could use are those .py files that
do not depend on any native code....that is usually the problem...

If you're interested in NumPy, you can check out the JNumeric that is
included with the IDV -- it is based on the old Numeric package and so
includes quite a bit of the basic array stuff...

tom