From: idvusers-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:idvusers-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don Murray (NOAA
Affiliate)
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 5:51 PM
To: idvusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [idvusers] Can one change units on range rings special display?

Kevin-

In tomorrow's nightly build, the range rings will use the distance unit set in
the general view preferences as the default unit.  Unfortunately, attempts to
allow the user to set the units interactively ran into problems with the label
sizing which is a difficult nut to crack.  The pieces are all there to do that,
but someone other than me needs to work on the label scaling problem.

Hopefully this stop gap solution will work in most cases.

Don

On 2/27/13 1:37 PM, Tyle, Kevin R wrote:
> One of the students in my class inquired whether it was possible to
> change the units of the Range Rings from km to miles.  It does not
> appear to me that one can do so, but if I'm wrong, please enlighten
> me.  I did try changing my distance unit from km to miles in my
> general View preferences, but that did not help.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kevin

Don Murray
NOAA/ESRL/PSD and CIRES