Re: [idvusers] Displaying AVHRR data in IDV

Sorry, Dave, to chime in. In my experience, at least with Metop AVHRR from CLASS, the local ADDE server does not need an entire path. I am always downloading all bands - not sure whether this is significant..

HP

On 2012-10-19 21:34, David Santek wrote:
Hi Mark,

McIDAS-V [which is based on the IDV] is able to read AVHRR Level 1b files using local ADDE servers.There are some caveats:
a) The file must contain all bands.
b) The file from CLASS must contain the entire pass. Do not subset.
c) At this time, McIDAS-V will only read data from the KLM series of NOAA satellites and Metop. This will be updated in the future to use any of the NOAA polar satellites.

If you want more info, let me know.

You can find the software here:
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/software/v/download.html

Also, there is a tutorial on the documentation page on "Polar Satellite Imagery".

Dave