Re: [idvusers] text point data and vectors

Dave (and list)-

On 6/3/11 12:24 PM, Don Murray wrote:
On 6/3/11 12:14 PM, David Ahijevych wrote:
I have some sounding data and I would like to plot wind vectors. I have
tried reading the Text Point Data and displaying a Point Data Plot, but
in the Layout Model, I only see wind barbs, not wind vectors. Is it
possible to plot vectors in the station model for text point data? I can
plot barbs, but I can't figure out how to do arrows, or vectors.

Sorry, there is no vector option for the text point data, but it would
be a great addition and fairly straight-forward. I suggest you send a
request to support-idv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so they can put it on their TODO
list. Or, perhaps the McIDAS-V people would be willing to add that and
contribute it back to the core.

There is now a vector glyph in the layout model in the latest nightly build of the IDV:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly

Please send feedback or problems to support-idv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don
--