[idvusers] improvements in the way the IDV is launched with respect to memory

Hello IDV Users,

We have been making improvements in the way the IDV is launched with respect to memory allocation. The IDV now intelligently starts with a memory allocation tuned to your machine. Moreover, one can vary the amount of memory under Edit -> Preferences, System tab. The IDV needs to be re-started in order for those changes to take effect. Lastly, for those of you on a Mac, we now have a Mac application bundle for your OS X convenience.

If you have a moment, we would like you to give this functionality a try with the latest IDV nightly build. We await your feedback.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp

Many Thanks.

-Julien, Yuan, Don