Re: [idvusers] API for creating bundle files programmatically?

Hi Chris,

Is there an API within IDV somewhere that would allow me to generate bundles
> programmatically?  Or should I just reverse-engineer the XML?
>
> The bundle file is just an xml encoding of all of the java objects that
make up the state of the IDV. So things like the windows, views within the
windows, data sources, display controls, etc.

So, there really isn't a spec for that. If you are interested in generating
something that can be loaded into the IDV to load data sources and create
displays you could use ISL. In particular look at the section on data and
displays:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/isl/DataAndDisplays.html

-Jeff