Re: [idvusers] using GFE netCDF

This is one ugly netCDF file. The time is given as an attribute to the variable (without units of course) and the projection information is coded as attributes with each variable. It would take a custom GFEConvention handler to read these into the IDV.

I urge all data providers to use a standard convention (preferrably CF) rather than homegrown netCDF formats.

Don