Re: [idvusers] how to display text

Hi Tatiana,

I'm new using IDV and would like to know if there is a way to display
> characters with a specific color on a map (e.g. "c" red, "w" blue)
> I have this CSV file (see attachment) and have been trying to display it to
> a map but the only thing I get is a map with crosses.

You need to use a different layout model for the point plots. In the layout
models you can specify a mapping from a value to a color.

Attached is a colorletters.ism IDV station model file. In the IDV go to
Tools->Layout Model Editor. In the Files menu do File->Import and import the
attached file.  Once imported you can double click on the one symbol defined
to bring up the properties editor. Under Color->Color by Parameter you will
see the mappings from the letter values to color. Go ahead and change the
colors to the desired ones.

-Jeff