Re: [idvusers] IDV formulas

Tom after you send me your email I did this:

(newUnit(Sr, "ries", "R")*newUnit(SI, "ries", "R")*newUnit(Sh, "ries",
"R"))*(newUnit(Ts, "ries", "R") + (newUnit(P, "ries", "R") + newUnit(P1,
"ries", "R") + newUnit(P2, "ries", "R")))

This is the only way that I saw a correct evaluation of the formula and I see
it when I plot each layer values as Value plots.
If I just run (Sr*SI*Sh)*(Ts + Tp) I get a bad value something like (4*5*2)*(3
+ 50)  = 4 and since I use precipitation accumulated 72 hr I must get a high
value.

So could be true about the incompatibility between Ts and Tp so am wondering
what could be the best way to reassign unit here because the output like 250 or
450 is going to be in hight risk, low risk.

Bay the way I am trying to write a procedure like this one

def     landSlideH(sr, si, sh, ts, tp, tpr, tpre):
        ptot= tp + tpr + tpre
        h = (sr*si*sh)*(ts + ptot)
        return h

Can I use newUnit inside it?