[idvusers] extract point data

 Hi folks,

Since some time I am experimenting and playing with the wonderfull IDV program. I am really surprised by the possibilities, but still there is one thing I seem to have some troubles with.

I have made a time series probe for a location, and this time series extracts data from 15model layers (grib & netCDF), for about 30 time steps. Then I export all the times from every layer into an xls-file for further calculations in VBA. Once I have saved this data, I try to drag the data probe to a new location, and notice that the probe behaves very erratic and takes about half a minute to stop 'shaking'. Once the probe has stopped moving, I can extrat the data from that point, etc... I need to repeat this proces about 30 times.

As this is a very time consuming problem and far from efficient, am I looking for an alternive. So I a started wondering if it is possible to extract automatically data with the help of a formula/jython for my 30 points ( 60.0N,60.0E, etc). At first sight I cannot find any clues in the Jython Library, but I hope I am wrong.

Thanks

Wouter