Re: [idvusers] Plot a trajectory

On 9/29/2010 2:27 AM, Ludovic Drouineau wrote:
Hi!
I'm having problem while openning a track file:
Problem opening file:Y:\TECHSAS\hydro_nav_2010_0324.nc
ucar.unidata.data.BadDataException: Could not open trajectory
file:Y:\TECHSAS\hydro_nav_2010_0324.nc

My NetCDF file is accessible here:
https://gforge.ifremer.fr/docman/view.php/63/1198/hydro_nav_2010_0324.nc

I may have something wrong in my file?

For me a track file is a NetCDF file with lat(time), lon(time) and
variables:
float temperature(time)
temperature:coordinates="lon lat"

Best regards,
Ludovic

Hi Ludovic,
To display this nc dataset in the IDV as Tracks file, you need to let the IDV recognize it as trajectory data type. The variable rawdata in this dataset has 2 dimensions and maybe the problem here.

Yuan