[idvusers] IDV not displaying NOAA-CIRES 20CR fields properly

Hi all,

When I load in NetCDF files from the 20th century reanalysis dataset from the NCDC NOMADS TDS, I can read and plot data, but the data values are not correct. For example, 850 mb temperature grids found in the air.YYYY.nc files will plot as if their temperatures fall between 430 and 430.7 K, with a default contour interval of .04 K. Similar unrealistic data ranges/contour levels will appear when other fields in the 20CR data set are loaded.

The netCDF files look fine, and they plot OK with other tools (I tried ncview). I suspect there is some issue with how IDV is interpreting the netcdf file. Note that the "add_offset" value (427.66) in the air.nc files is suspiciously close to the 430K level that IDV is coming up with . . .

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--Kevin

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator               **********************
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences   ktyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University at Albany, ES-235                    518-442-4578 (voice)
1400 Washington Avenue                          518-442-5825 (fax)
Albany, NY 12222                                **********************