Re: [idvusers] Cross-section of derived fields + multiple times = NullPointerException

  • To: HansPeter Roesli <satmet.hp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] Cross-section of derived fields + multiple times = NullPointerException
  • From: Don Murray <dmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 06:43:19 -0600
Hi HP-

HansPeter Roesli wrote:
Recently I have frequently been using a colour table partially that includes (semi-)transparent stretches. The colour scale displays correctly in the selection list of colour tables, i.e. you see the (semi-)transparent stretches. However, in all other instances (in the legend and when burnt into the display + other places?) the colour scale shows no transparency signature. It would be especially useful to have the signature in the display. Is this a bug or oversight?

This is by design. There was a brief period in the development of IDV 2.8 (one of the alpha or beta releases) where the transparent portion was displayed in the legends. It just didn't look right, so we made them solid and ignored the transparency. Perhaps this could be a preference in some future release.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm