Re: [idvusers] Error opening AWIPS NetCDF grid

Don Murray wrote:

Yes, that's what I found also. There is another problem though that the AWIPSConvention is not parsing the levels correctly for one of the boundary layer variables (can't remember which and I'm not at work).
I'm now running into a problem with the vertical coordinate FHAG2 (2m fixed height above ground). I'm guessing that's what you found? I think I fixed this before in the NetCDF-Java code. Hopefully, I can relocate that fix. If I do, I'll try and coordinate with John Caron to get it into the baseline.

Is there a better way to "repair" a big NetCDF file than ncdump, edit gigantic (~3 GB) text file, ncgen?

You can use NcML to wrap the file and fix these problems. Once I get to work, I'll talk to the netCDF-Java developer and we'll see if we can come up with something that works. Then, you just open the NcML file in the IDV.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll see if I can do that.

--
Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave
a trail.

begin:vcard
fn:Matt Foster - N0EYE
n:Foster;Matt