Re: [idvusers] Error opening AWIPS NetCDF grid

Matt --

I think you're right -- CF grew out of COARDS which was "done" in the early 90s.

Like many "projects" that become "data providers" without expecting
to....and so they create metadata that makes sense for their (closed)
environment.

tom

--
Tom Whittaker