[idvusers] Formula to compute anomalies

Hi List, I intend to compute temperature anomalies of a long time series by
taking the difference between each time step  in a monthly mean time series
and the temperature anomaly (single grid). The output would be a time series
of this difference (anomalies), which I would then compute a cumulative sum
of only the positive anomalies, more like the current inbuilt sum over time
steps formula but in this case only the positive anomalies would be
summed..any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Maina