Re: [idvusers] Consultation about spurious lines.

Greetings-

It turns out that the Spurious Map Lines Fix plugin will only work with the IDV 2.8 beta 2 test version. My apologies for overlooking that in my previous note to the list about this issue. You can either download that (or the nightly build) from:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv

Alternatively, you could edit the runIDV.bat script and change:

jre\bin\java -Xmx512m -Didv.enableStereo=false -jar idv.jar %*

to:

jre\bin\java -Xmx512m -Dvisad.java3d.geometryByRef=false -Didv.enableStereo=false -jar idv.jar %*

The 2.7u2 release does not have the code to load this property automatically.

Don Murray

hersala wrote:
Hi, I am absolutely newbie with the IDV.

First, I would really like to thank and congratulate to all the people and
institutions that make available to the whole scientific comunity the IDV
with its powerful capabilities and the huge databases associated with it.

And now is my first question:

I have seen in the IDV user manual and in this mailing list about strange
map lines (spider webs). I read also in this list that these problem can be
solved installing two plugins with the IDV's Plugin Manager (World Maps and
Spurious Map Lines Fix) and then restarting the IDV.

I have installed the plugins and I have reinitiated the IDV but the problem
persist. The number, distribution and the size of the lines are highly
dependent on the size of the Viewer window and on the selected projection. I
have attached a jpg file just to show how does it is seen on screen.

The problem does not persist when I select World Country Outlines instead
World Coastlines on the Dashboard.

I am using 2.7u2 running on Windows XP 5.1.

Again, thanks a lot for your kindness. Greetings from Argentina.

Hernán Sala