Re: [idvusers] IDV with isl; headless; by user apache ; gets Canvas3D: null GraphicsConfiguration

  • To: John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] IDV with isl; headless; by user apache ; gets Canvas3D: null GraphicsConfiguration
  • From: Stuart Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 15:46:02 -0700
Thanks John, -Djava.awt.headless=true in the IDV command line got me past this
obstacle.  I had forgotten to use that.

Now I am on to the next error message which will come in the next email.

By the way getting the IDV to run by apache in a web tool on a server proved to be a tricky bit of script and user and shell managing.

John Caron wrote:
Stuart Wier wrote:

Running the IDV on Linux with an isl file, as user apache, on a headless web server, to make an image file of display gets this error:

ERROR: Creating display master
Canvas3D: null GraphicsConfiguration

 did you try giving -Djava.awt.headless=true to the JVM ?