Re: [idvusers] Using idv for LES visualization

Phil --

The main display window is "geo-located"; however, there is the option
to display the data in the "Omni Viewer" -- this is, essentially, one
cell of the VisAD spreadsheet.  In this display mode, you can define
the mappings from your data's domain and range components, to various
components of the "cell".  I'm not familiar with "les simulations",
but if they have a "time" domain, you would also have the options to
animate.

I'm also not aware of any CF structures that are designed for
non-geolocated data; however, a simple mapping in a netCDF file can
probably be read by the "I'm still feeling lucky" option in the File
Chooser, and then use the Omni Viewer.

Hope that helps....

tom