Re: [idvusers] Archived Level III radar data

Hi Mark-

MARK S KULIE wrote:
I'd like to exploit the NCDC's NEXRAD Level III archive for classroom purposes. Any hints on how I can view archived Level III data in the IDV?!
We frequently use real-time (or near real-time) Level III data from the various
servers that allow us to access such data, but I would love to ingest
historical Level III data for various case studies that we're developing.

Right now, you have two options.  Download the files and
open them in the Radar Level II chooser (works for local
Level III files as well).

Alternatively, put them on an ADDE server as a case study
and point the radar chooser there.

We are working on a THREDDS interface for the Level III data,
but that's not ready for prime time yet.  When that's
ready, you would put them on a THREDDS Data Server (TDS).

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm