[idvusers] IDV vertical profiles - standard 1D models

Don,

For geophysics it would be very useful to have the IDV recognize a 1D vertical profile representing a standard earth model varying with depth, seismic velocities say, and use it to compute offsets from 3D grids. To do this now we have to make a 3D grid that has the same values at all lat,long points and differs only in depth. (That is a workaround for Rich Signell's problem too). I suppose a standard atmosphere might be useful too.

Stuart

--
Stuart Wier

UNAVCO  6350 Nautilus Drive  Boulder, CO 80301  (303) 381-7500 x 450

The GEON IDV  http://geon.unavco.org
For 4D exploration and display of your geophysics data

The UNAVCO WInSAR Archive  http://winsar.unavco.org