[idvusers] Plotting views across the prime meridian using IDD GFS

Hi,

I'm making charts using the IDV catalog->Unidata
IDD->UCAR->GFS->Global 0.5 deg data source. The problem I'm running
into is that I live in the UK and want to make charts that cross the
prime meridian. I have tried:

*Trying to drag a Field Selector Region selection box across the meridian
*Setting specific lat/longs in the Spacial Subset tab of the Properties dialog
*Trying to create two views side-by-side either side of the prime meridian

Is it possible to chart across the prime meridian with this data
source? If so, how? Previously I have used subsetted GRIBs from the
Nomads servers but that method is more labour intensive (especially
for creating animations) and the Nomad servers have been very
unreliable lately.

Thanks,

Dan Grey