Re: [idvusers] help with Blue Marble Images and IDV codebase

Alas the original color scheme does not seem to have been preserved,
as it was in the case of the VisAD code, i.e. using just Visad
objects, none from IDV.  How do I get my ImageRGBDisplayable to
preserve my source color palette?

You neeed to call setColorPalette with the gray color table.
Something like:

imageDisplayable.setColorPalette(visad.BaseColorControl.initTableGreyWedge(new float[3][255]);

Hi Don, the above addition of the setColorPalette worked a charm. Can you explain at all why it is needed and what it does? I am surprised that the default behavior is not to preserve the image pixel colors from the source image. Why does a grey scale help me out here?

BTW are there any current developer docs I might glean info from?

Stuart