Re: Can IDV read projected coordinates in some fashion?

Hi Rich-

Rich Signell wrote:

I thought I saw an example somewhere of IDV working with a netcdf file
that did not have lon and lat variables, but just projected
coordinates and projection information.  Is this true, or is it just
my bad memory?

If we have projection information (e.g. CF Convention) we actually
ignore the lat/lon information and do the transforms on the
fly.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm