More comlicated data structure

Dear users

The new version 2.2 (beta) solved some of my issues, but not all of them.
All of the datasets i can find are basically grids put on timeline. Also CF convention and other sources are pretty much based on this scheme.

Yet is there any way to make dataset - and view it with IDV of course - for prediction environment as this?
time axe - actual time of prediction
horizont axe - time step in prediction
2D or 3D grid.

One can make this kind of structure quite easily , but to view it with common tools seems impossible.

This feels to me like usual situation in storing prediction data.

Thank you for any advice
Lukas