Re: Windows instability

Hi Bob...

There might be some error condition ("an Exception") that happens.
If you open a command prompt window and 'cd' to the IDV directory and
start it from there using the runIDV.bat file, if an error occurs,
you'll get a trace displayed in the commad prompt window which you can
then copy-n-paste into an email to help diagnose the problem.

There may be other, unrelated issues, but this will help narrow the
possibilities.

Stay in touch,

tom