Re: Images for the WWW

Hi Robert,

I use the IDV to automatically generate displays like this:
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~daves/GFS/yesamsu/chop.pgbanl.fnl.2003081100.jpg.gif

from GRIB files using IDV bundles and UNIX scripts.

I certainly don't claim to be the expert at this, but I found a way to do it that works for me!

dave

Robert Reed wrote:
Hi,

Is there anyone on the group using IDV to create numerical model
imagery for the web?

Having fought and failed using GrADS (I`m technicaly challenged and no
linux guru!), I came across IDV hoping it might be a little easier
being that it is windows friendly(ish).

I run a community based website in Maine, and we are looking to create
custom numerical model charts from the freely available grib data,
preferably automated/stand-alone via scripting, batch files or
whatever it needs.

Before I get too involved in using IDV, would this software be what I
am looking for? If yes, I could probably do with some tips and advice
at some stage. Maybe those experienced in this area, we could chat
off-group via email, save me making a pest of myself on the group!

Thankyou.