Re: IDV v2.0: miscellaneous questions

Hi Dave-

I didn't see Tom's answer, so I'll chime in with more info:

Dave Dempsey wrote:
Does anyone know how to do either of the following using the IDV, if in fact they can be done?

(1) Change the size of contour labels. (We can change line and label color, line and label thickness, and turn labeling on and off, but apparently have no control over text size and labeling frequency--that is, every line, every other line, or whatever.)

The underlying VisAD contour control supports setting the label
size, but we don't bubble that capability up to the user.  At
present, the IDV will autoscale the labels as you zoom in or out
(also configurable in the underlying VisAD control).  There is
no ability to set the labelling frequency.  It's on our wish list,
but probably won't be there for a while.

(2) Change the background color of the Display window to white (and text to black, etc.) for printing purposes.

The View->Color menu in each display can be used to set this.
You can also use the View->Properties dialog to do the same
thing (except set custom colors and select from predefined
schemes).  You can also set the default colors (if you always
want black on white) through the Edit->Preferences dialog
under the Main Display tab.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm