Re: bundles, scripts question

Hi Stuart-

Stuart Maclean wrote:
Hi Don, thanks for the prompt reply. That's what I needed, a way for a jnlp to refer to a bundle by url. I now create a template .xidv and a template .jnlp file, and use Ant to replace the placeholder with the current date's data urls. I no longer need any base64 encoding in my script. Thanks for the link to IDV's encoder though.

Glad it's all working for you.

On a related note, is there any page documenting IDV's command line argument options, short of looking at the source ? Seems like a lot if useful options that most people, myself included, are not aware of.

Unfortunately, no.  We're working on the docs for the
next release, so we can add that in.  The best doc now
is to do:

runIDV -help

Which will print out (in 1.3b2):

Usage: IntegratedDataViewer
        -help  (this message)
        -properties  <property file>
        -sitepath  <url path to find site resources>
        -nodefault  (Don't read in the default bundle file)
        -cleardefault  (Clear the default bundle)
        -default  <.xidv file>
        -oneinstanceport  <port number> (Check if another version
            of the IDV is running. If so pass command line arguments
            to it and shutdown)
        -nopref  (Don't read in the user preferences)
        -nogui  (Don't show the main window gui)
        -data  <data source> (Load the data source)
        -chooser  (show the data chooser on start up)
        scriptfile.isl  (Run the IDV script in batch mode)
        -userpath  <user directory to use>
        -display  <parameter> <display>
        -image  <image file name> (create a jpeg image and then exit)
        -movie  <movie file name> (create a quicktime movie and then exit)
        -imageserver  <port number> (run the IDV in image generation
            server mode. Support http requests on the given port)
        -Dpropertyname=value  (Define the property value)
        -bundle  <bundle file or url>
        -catalog  <url to a chooser catalog>
        -plugin  <plugin jar file, directory, url>
        -installplugin  <plugin jar file to install>
        -noplugins  Don't load plugins
        -connect  <collaboration hostname to connect to>
        -server  (Should the IDV run in collaboration server mode)
        -port  <Port number collaboration server should listen on>
        -debug  (Turn on debug print)
        -printjnlp  (Print out any embedded bundles from jnlp files)
-setfiles <datasource pattern> <semi-colon delimited list of files>
           (Use the list of files for the bundled datasource)
        -currenttime  <dttm> (Override current time for ISL processing)
        -trace  (Print out trace messages)
        -traceonly  <trace pattern> (Print out trace messages
           that match the pattern)

We'll see if we can document these for the 2.0 release.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm