Re: [gembud] GEMPAK and RAP13 output

Hello all.

I have a set of scripts that was running fine with the older 20km RAP grids, for the calculation of DCIN. Since the change to the 13km grid delivery in late June, those scripts no longer work. (Yes, the necessary file naming strings have been updated.)

The fundamental operation in question seems to be the use of GDVINT to interpolate to ZAGL, with the dread warning ‘[GDVINT 4] Warning--no surface elevation grid exists.’ Even so, GDINFO shows:

247     220831/2100F000                          0         NONE PRES

25+ years of writing these kinds of scripts, and I am now stumped. Any thoughts on how to rectify would surely help.

Thanks,

Pat

It's always difficult to remotely diagnose issues... however, if GDINFO can see the grid, then it is there... therefore, there are a couple options..

The simplest way is to identify the grid directly via gparm as I have named a personal grid I create here in grdnam via gddiag... so in your case simply substitute your parms as I have mine listed, and it should see it.. elsewise, use gddiag to create your own grid to use in gdvint then call the parms what you wish.. if gdinfo sees the grid, gddiag will as well, since the same architecture is used.. personally, i love using gddiag :)

cheers,

--patrick

PNG image