[gembud] Adding text to surface file

My goal is to get a GEMPAK surface file with a subset of stations in it
that also has raw text in it. I have been able to use dcmetr to take raw
text and create a GEMPAK file, but I am not sure how to do any filtering
using that method. What I thought would work was to use sfcfil to create a
new file that can have text and parameters in it and then to use sfmod to
get data from a dcmetr generated file and place it in the new, blank
surface file. sfmod ends up doing the station filtering. However, text
never would make it into the file. I also tried creating a new surface file
and trying to put text/data into it using sflist output and sfedit. That
also did not work out. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

--
Nathan Wendt
Meteorologist, Storm Prediction Center