[gembud] GEMPAK reading NetCDF?

Hello GEMbuds,

This is an age-old question (see link below from 1994)... and part of the
ongoing data-format frustration that has dogged atmospheric scientists for
years.

But, I'm wondering - can an interface be added so that GEMPAK could
directly read NetCDF files?

There is mention of such an effort in this 1994 post:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf/msg00157.html

​It would be nice to not have to carry around multiple file formats,
especially for large gridded datasets.

The next-best solution would be a quick program that could convert a NetCDF
file to GEMPAK via a 1-line command.

Thanks for any suggestions, and my apologies if I've just not kept up to
date on recent developments.
Best,
Gary​

--