Re: [gembud] Displaying GOES-16 Data

Using mcidas, you can make area files using the GOES-16 netcdf files, if you
use the data that's on AWS.

________________________________
From: gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on
behalf of Mullenax, Robert R. (WFF-820.0)[ORBITAL SCIENCES CORPORATION]
<robert.r.mullenax@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:22 PM
To: Phil Birnie; gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [gembud] Displaying GOES-16 Data

Display of GOES-16 isn't supported in GEMPAK according to the link Unidata sent
out the other day. Only McIDAS-X, McIDAS-V, IDV, and AWIPS2.

It is something I will have to tackle here in a few weeks myself as we haven't
moved to AWIPS2. I would assume that with GEMPAK not being developed anymore at
NCEP (AFAIK) that it would be difficult for Unidata to tackle that likely big
task, but maybe Michael can chime in on that.

Regards,
Robert Mullenax

Please note new email address: robert.r.mullenax@xxxxxxxx
Robert Mullenax
Senior Principal Meteorologist, Orbital ATK/CSBF
1510 E. FM 3224
Palestine, Texas 75802
903-723-8037
robert.r.mullenax@xxxxxxxx