[gembud] NIDS product 141 mesocyclone and gpnids

  • To: "gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gembud] NIDS product 141 mesocyclone and gpnids
  • From: SimuAWIPS <simuawips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 13:46:28 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
Greetings:

I'm running Gempak 7.2.3 on Amazon Linux x64, and for some reason am not
getting any markers when attempting to plot the NIDS product 141 Mesocyclone
markers. TVS, Hail and storm tracking products are working correctly however,
along with all other rendering of reflectivity and velocity.

Here's the source I'm pulling from (NWS public FTP server example using KMAF):

http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/SL.us008001/DF.of/DC.radar/DS.141md/SI.kmaf/

Here's the test script snippit I use:

gpnids_gif << EOFRAD

MAP    = 1
COLORS = 2
CLEAR  = Y
TITLE  = ""
STNPLT =
WARN   = ""
GAREA  = MAF
TEXT   = 0.67/2//131//L/hw
LINE   = 1=255:255:255/10/1
RADFIL = kmaf_md.nid
PROJ   = RAD//NM
DEVICE = gif|test.gif|1280;1024

EOFRAD

The output renders a blank GIF file during severe weather VCP's for radars I
observed last night (I've attached a sample file from KMAF from last night's
supercell's around Midland, TX) and the following output:

GEMPAK-GPNIDS> got a non-zero tbnids value          141           3

Any pointers would be appreciated, or verification that the product is
*supposed* to work in current versions of GEMPAK.

-AJO

SimuAWIPS Lead Developer
The Oldaker Group, LLC
Facebook<facebook.com/simuawips/> - Twitter<twitter.com/simuawips> - Latest
News Updates<simuawips.com/news>