Re: [gembud] Compiling Gempak with Intel compilers?

  • To: Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate <gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gembud] Compiling Gempak with Intel compilers?
  • From: Bradley Mabe - NOAA Federal <bradley.mabe@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 14:12:27 -0400
Gerry,
I did this a few years back on our WCOSS (some call it a supercomputer, I
refer to it as a large Linux cluster. Anyway, I used the Intel compiler
suite.

As I remember, the things I had to do was modify gemenv.sh for the
compiler, I believe CC=icc, FC=ifort

There may be some other settings there for libraries and make flags, but
all the make files pick up those settings, so you shouldn't have to roll
your own.

Also, I think you may have to make some changes to MCHPRM.Linux --- I think
you need to use chr instead of ACHAR in the key parameters section.

Sorry, I can't be more exact, it's been a little while since I did this,
but I hope it helps.

Bradley
NCEP Central Operations AWIPS2 CM
(301) 683 - 3909