[gembud] How to Make Topographic Map Pressure Contour OverLay Plots

To Whom it May Concern

I am trying to draw pressure contours on a topographic map as shown on the
following web site using GEMPAK 7.1 similar to what is done on the
following website:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/topo/

Unfortunately I do have the area files present in this addition of GEMPAK.
I tried to use the world_topo.5min and make a .gem and then .gini file out
of this.  Unfortunately when I do this I cannot always get the gini fill or
topographic overlay to display properly.   When following the example shown
in the website below:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/image_to_grid/sat_basemap/

using the following code:

    GDTOPO << EOF
    GDFILE   = south_america_topo5.gem
    GAREA    = -60;-105;30;-20
    GDATTIM  = 070101/0000
    TOPOFL   = dem5
    GEMPAK-GDTOPO>r

    EOF

    GDIMG << EPLT

    GDATTIM  = last
    GDFILE   = south_america_topo5.gem
    GLEVEL   = 0
    GVCORD   = none
    GFUNC    = topo
    SCALE    = 0
    PROJ     = mer
    GRDAREA  = -60;-105;30;-20
    KXKY     = 870;1090
    CPYFIL   =
    SATFIL   = south_america_satbase.gini
    CALINFO  = 99/10/SAT,0,94,0,286
    WMOHDR   = TICZ99/CHIZ/
    GEMPAK-GD2IMG>r

    EPLT

    gpmap << EMAP
    MAP      = 1
    GAREA    = dset
    PROJ     = sat
    SATFIL   = south_america_satbase.gini
    LUTFIL   = upc_irsatbase.tbl

    EMAP

I am able to get a descent topographic image of South America, but
when I alter the coordinates I get distorted topographic images.
How can I either obtain area files as specified in
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/topo or use the
procedure in
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/image_to_grid/sat_basemap/
to obtain pressure contours overlaid onto a topographic map for any
set of coordinates I would pick?  For example it would be 10 N to 60 N
Latitude and 0 to 32 E Longitude?

Thanks,

Jason