Re: [gembud] GAREA with IATA ID

  • Subject: Re: [gembud] GAREA with IATA ID
  • From: Michael James <mjames@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 13:02:20 -0600
Hi Steven,

In May I updated sfstns.tbl to use the 4-character international id ICAO
rather than allow domestic stations to use 3-character identifiers.  A
consequence is that "TOP" no longer works, instead "KTOP" is required.  In
the interest of maintaining working scripts which use the old 3-character
identifier for US stations, today I updated the routine lcabnd.f to append
'K' to the string being searched for in sfstns.tbl, if the given string is
3-characters long and is not found on a first pass.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Unidata/gempak/master/gempak/source/gemlib/lc/lcabnd.f

To check for yourself:

Replace $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/lc/lcabnd.f with the above file, either
manually or with "git pull"
cd $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/lc/
make all
ar -rv $OS_LIB/gemlib.a *.o
pushd $GEMPAK/source/programs/sf/sfmap/
make clean all install clean

then run sfmap again and try GAREA=KTOP and GAREA=TOP

This update will be in GEMPAK 7.1.1.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO