Re: [gembud] NAMSND and BUFR files

Hi Kevin,

I'll update the source and binaries with the new BUFR library and Makefile, no problem.

Thanks for passing along what you found.

-Michael

On 09/30/2013 03:42 PM, Tyle, Kevin R wrote:
I found that installing the latest NCEP BUFR library in $NAWIPS/extlibs/ncepBUFR, from the link provided in the forwarded email from 8/13/13, and rebuilding NAMSND does the trick! An extra benefit is that the program no longer needs to run solely on a big-endian system (e.g., Solaris on SPARC) ... it runs fine on Linux now.

Micheal, perhaps Unidata can make the necessary updates for 6.10. A new Makefile will need to be made. Per the "README_BUFRLIB" in the latest BUFRLIB package, on Linux with gfortran I needed to modify "preproc.sh" to add the "-traditional-cpp" flag when preprocessing the .F files, and also add -DUNDERSCORE and -f-no-second-underscore when compiling the .f files.

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences
University at Albany
Earth Science 235, 1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
Email: ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 518-442-4578