[gembud] Query about plotting station names on nmap2

Hi,

I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to have nmap2 display station names on a map. The program seems hard coded to display station I.D. I've tried creating sample files and edited $GEMTBL/nmap/mapovl.nmap to refer to that file. Nmap expects the first column data(STID) won't exceed 8 character length(won't display anything for higher character words). Unlike the old Garp program, there doesn't seem to be an option to choose the third column data in $GEMTBL/stns/cities.tbl (station name). I was hoping to have the station name(up to 15 characters long) displayed for a public display.

Anyone ever fiddle with this problem?

James

James Murakami
Staff Meteorologist/Student Affairs
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of California, Los Angeles
405 Hilgard Ave.
Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565

   e-mail: tenki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx