Re: [gembud] Creating composite from tgftp.nws.noaa.gov

John,
 Thanks ... over a year of toying to get it :)

Using the ftp site is going to be very difficult at best.
GEMPAK expects the radar data to be named a certain way,
in a certain directory on your system..
see  NAWIPS/gempak/tables/config/datatype.tbl

>>> [Snip] <<<

NEXRIII      $RAD/NIDS/%SITE%/%PROD%   %PROD%_YYYYMMDD_HHNN

[/Snip] <<<

As Gerry mentioned , the easiest, less painful solution is to have an active
LDM connection, that way you can receive the raw data within minutes if not
seconds
of scan completion, and file it the way GEMPAK expects/needs

-Jeff Lake
MichiganWxSystem.com
WeatherMichigan.net
TheWeatherCenter.net