[gembud] GEMPAK 6.4.0 Compile error

I am trying to compile GEMPAK 6.4.0 on my CentOS machine and I am getting
the following error when I try to source the Gemenviron:

[awips@bagvapp GEMPAK6.4.0]$ source Gemenviron

bash: setenv: command not found

bash: setenv: command not found

bash: setenv: command not found

bash: Gemenviron: line 58: syntax error near unexpected token `$TMP_OS'

bash: Gemenviron: line 58: `   switch ($TMP_OS)'

While I am new at Linux to an extent, I was following the directions, but
can't figure this out. I was using the NOAAPORT RPM, but I was trying to
figure this out so I can upgrade and get model data working. I do need help
setting up the LDM when I get to that point.

Thank you very much!

--Mike