[gembud] GEMPAK 6.2.0 RHEL 6.0 64 bit NMAP2 wont plot sfc obs unless...

Hi.  Odd occurrence here which we have created a work-around for we
thought we should share but were wondering if anyone else has experienced
and overcome.  Pete

Symptom: NMAP2 not plotting sfc obs (no errors in the error box).  SFMAP
plots obs just fine.  SFLIST list obs just fine.  NWX will list obs just
fine.

Attempted Corrections (which did not work): Recompiled successfully.
Removed old version from system, ensured no other nmap2 executable existed
on the system, rebooted, pointed system to newly recompiled version. Made
sure Gemenviron was correct for our system.  Symptoms persist.

Workaround: cd to the location of the Gemenviron file, resource, then
launch nmap2.  We have thus renamed the nmap2 exe to nmap2.orig and
created a c-shell script in the $GEMEXE dir called nmap2 to perform these
steps (cd $GEMPAK/..  source Gemenviron  os/linux64/bin/nmap2.orig "$1"
"$2")

Notable: We feel this has something to do with RHEL errata updates we
accept and invoke since this began yesterday after we invoked an update.
We thought a recompile would rectify the problem but it did not as the
recompiled version exhibited the same symptoms.  The workaround also was
effective for the recomplied version.

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.