Re: [gembud] Parallel gif creation scripts?

Hi Matt,

If you are going to split things up, be sure each script runs in its own unique directory, else you run the risk of having your global gempak settings file (gemglb.nts) getting corrupted.

Are you running the latest Unidata build of GEMPAK/N-AWIPS? If your scripts seem to be running slowly (i.e. 1 second or so between gif generations) you may be running a version that does not have the "speedpatch" utilities built into it.

--Kevin

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator               **********************
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences   ktyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University at Albany, ES-235                    518-442-4578 (voice)
1400 Washington Avenue                          518-442-5825 (fax)
Albany, NY 12222                                **********************